Decision Day
After playing with both Premiere Pro and InDesign, I have made the conclusion that I believe that I will have an easier time using InDesign than Premiere Pro; therefore, I have decided to do the magazine for my project. I am not pick to the magazine just because the software is easier for me to use. I truly believe that I will be able to create an amazing product if I do the magazine, rather than the movie. This is because I think I am better at stating facts and persuading readers then trying to persuade people through a film.
Some people may think that magazine is not a strong type of media. For example, the article “Survival of the Fittest: Four Editors on the Future of Literary Magazines” has two editors that state that magazines aren’t as popular as they used to be simply because there easier and cheaper ways to get the media a person is looking for. However, the other two editors state differently. They state that people still love the smell of a brand-new magazine and that they find literary magazines a very interesting and entertaining form of media. This proves my point that doing a magazine as my project is a good choice, and that I’m not choosing to do a type of media that isn’t relevant anymore.
I read the article “Our Place in The Universe: The Importance of Story and Storytelling in the Classroom” and it discussed a very interesting issue. This article is about how much of an impact that stories have on humans. The author of this article gives many examples of how, in the past, many parts of old theories are based on stories. For example, how a flying chariot brings the sunup and the sundown. This story stuck with many people and this is a great example of the impact that stories have. Therefore, I plan to use many stories in my magazine. I believe that if I have a quality story, the reader will not only be interested, but they will remember what they are reading and use it for future references. The author uses another example to prove that stories will be an effective choice of writing a magazine because he was a history teacher and he said that he made his students write stories for one of the projects he assigned. As a result, the students performed a lot better and they also seemed to be more passionate of what they were doing. This will be very effective for me because if I am passionate about what I am writing, I believe that I will be able to create a quality product.
Comments
Post a Comment