To Team or Not to Team

 In the past, whenever I was assigned projects, I had always chosen to work alone because I believed it was much better for me and my learning. This is because I was able to take in all the information myself instead of getting help from another classmate. Also, I have felt as if I did do a project with another classmate, one of us would have relied on one another to get the project complete. 

I also believe in factors that go into having the right partner to make a fully thorough project, which is nearly impossible in my eyes. In the article “The Effect of Personality Type on Team Performance” it explains how there are so many different factors that go into making an effective team, which usually requires multiple people to fulfill each duty. Therefore, makes me believe I should not have a partner because of the lack of factors which would come with only two partners. I also want to use the article “Collective Action: Collaboration, Rebellion, Creative Dialogue: Surrealism as Ideological Defiance” as an example because this article is about the art movement of Surrealism. I am using this as an example because the article states how the groups within the movement did not have a good time together and all the primary sources had negative connotations when talking about the topic. I can use this article to back up my point of wanting to work alone because of all the disruption and negative feelings when the artists were working in a group. Referring to the first article “The Effect of Personality Type on Team Performance,” To state how difficult it would be to have an effective team, especially during these troubling times. So, in the article it states that an effective team needs team cohesion and communication, which is very difficult during COVID-19. This is because it is difficult to bond and communicate when we are told to keep our distance. 

I also feel like I should work by myself because I work more efficiently when I am dialed in and not having to communicate with others. For example, during my lost at sea activity where I had to put object in order of importance, then do it in a group and compare if I did better on my own or in a group. I performed a tiny bit better when I was in a group; however, they were very close scores, and I was able to complete it way quicker and more efficient when I did it by myself.  

When I did the “The Social Media Peer Account” I took notes and studied my friend's social media account on snapchat. By doing this activity, continued my argument about why I want to work alone on the project. This is because it is very hard to find someone who is very similar to you and would feel like you would work good with your partner. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magazine Cover Review