Concept Refinement and Peer Pitch

 AICE Media Studies AS 

Portfolio Project Concept Refinement 

Fall 2020 

CATEGORY 

DETAILS 

Film OR Magazine 

 Magazine 

Genre 

 Lifestyle 

Target Audience (Be specific) 

Young people who are about to graduate high school or college 

What is your concept? (Be thorough & specific. Review the links on Blackboard) 

 For my magazine, I want to have it be informational on different career choices and everything there is to know about the career. These careers will be options for both people with only a high school diploma and people with a college diploma. I will state things such as pay, day in the life, hot spots for the career, etc. 

How did you conceive the idea for this concept? 

 I am a junior in high school, and I have to start thinking about my career choices and what I want to study in college. 

What do you believe is unique about your concept? 

 My concept is unique because this will be a magazine that could potentially spark ideas or change young people’s way of approaching how they want to live and what they want to do with their life. 

Why do you believe this product will be of interest to your audience? 

 This will interest my audience because they will be able to look at my magazine and really open their eyes about where they are at that moment and where they want to be. 

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

FEEDBACK RECEIVED FROM PEERS 

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

 Go to local businesses. Not necessarily super successful people. How you can use your resources.  

 

 

Clearer audience and frame. 

 

 

 

Potential Idea. 

 

 

Young people who can acquire wealth. 

 

 

Clearer on my functions. 

 

Make myself different. 

 

Pros and cons. 

 

Focus on just career choices. 

 

 

This week in class I gave my pitch for my magazine to the class. It did not go as expected, but I got some helpful feedback. As you can see in my chart, I was going to give a bunch of examples of successful people in many different industries. All my peers, including my teacher, all said similar things: I have a too broad of a topic and they were not clear on what the point of my magazine was. After that, I did some thinking and I decided that I was going to do a magazine on different career choices. Some of these choices you will not need a college degree, but others will. The point of this magazine will be to inform people either graduating high school or college on possible career choices that they could be interested in. 

In the article we read for magazines, it states that literature as a whole is going way down in popularity, which is especially bad for magazines. This shows that to have a successful magazine nowadays, you need to have a magazine that is different. And that is my plan because personally, I have not seen any magazines that are informational about diverse types of career fields. 

I came up with my concept because I am a junior in high school and I need to start to think about my career choices and what I want to study in college.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magazine Cover Review